What does « burnout » mean ?
It describes a state of psychological and physical exhaustion that it is critical to spot and identify by the sufferer, his manager or the HR Business Partner. Otherwise, it may deteriorate into a serious illness requiring delicate, long-term treatment before any return to work can be considered.
How can it be anticipated and prevented?
- By reinforced personal protection: identify what is acceptable – or not – in your professional environment, positive reinforcement, assertiveness, the practice of personal respect for yourself and for others
- By a better quality of management: personal diagnosis of your own management style, reinforcement of ethical values linked to performance and welfare, efficient and respectful communication, tools of motivation and collaboration.
- By the vigilance of the HR Business Partner: detection of suffering at work by identifying early signs of discomfort, meeting them with immediate short-term response with simple solutions, long-term awareness of the importance of effective and sustainable prevention.
Do not hesitate to contact us. We offer both tools and practical solutions:
- Conferences and workshops for taking specific problems into collective account
- Individual coaching for personalised support
If we intervene early enough in the progress of the case, it will perhaps prove possible to prevent the repeated reappearance of the illness, short or long-term.
Rediscover vitality and a sense of direction
How to motivate employees to return to work after a burnout?
If you have suffered a burnout yourself or if one of your staff is in its clutches, you already know that the wish to return to work can be far from certain. The medication and therapies prescribed may help to some degree, but they are no guarantee of success.
How does our help take shape?
- Keeping constant, vigilant watch over the person concerned: diagnosing high-risk areas, activating values, providing positive reinforcement and day-by-day support, using particular, proven tools.
- Through support of those managers concerned and/or sensitised to the problem: how to reconcile efficiency with well-being, performance with respect for the individual.